Monday, March 8, 2010

Good Times

Nine years ago, as a freshman at Lee University...can we just pause right now for a moment of silence, because I am freaking out at how old I am getting?!? Sorry, moving on. Nine years ago, God blessed me with a gift that I had no idea I even needed at the time. Three of the best room/suite mates a girl could ask for. It didn't take long for us to grow close, and although we don't see each other nearly as often as I would like, I still consider them some of the best friends in my life.

Freshman year...Rory, me, Sarah and Brandi

Before my wedding...Brandi, me, Sarah and Rory

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of going to visit Rory, her husband and daughter in Trussville, Alabama. I am a little embarrassed to admit that, although Allie is 13 months old, this was the first time I had met her. It's always a little nerve wracking (for me, anyhow) meeting children for the first time. You never know how they're going to react to you, and I'm always a little worried that they won't like me...which can make things awkward. Well, I am pleased to report that she is one of the most precious babies ever! She had the best personality (and no, I'm not just saying that because her mom is a blog reader!), and is so much fun! She started walking about a month ago, and was all over the place. Just adorable. I really can't say enough good things about her, and how fun it was to see Roar as a mommy!
Wow...taking it back to Freshman year.

Seriously, could anyone resist this face?

We had a great time catching up. Went to a craft fair with Mama Davis (the spring equivalent of Christmas Made in the South), caught a movie, and did a little shopping (because who can resist a trip to Super Target?). There is nothing in the world like a friendship that is so easy! I had a great time, and I can't wait to do it again! I'll try to make it sooner next time :)

I also have to say a huge THANK YOU for the gifts I received...From Mama Davis...How cute is this...and, hello, there's a tail! You know I can't resist a cute butt...have you seen my husband? ;)

From Rory...I think I spot a coming home from the hospital outfit...

My little splurge from the craft fair. How cute is this, and what a great message! I also took away some great ideas for things I can make myself.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's fun and yes, a true blessing to have good friends!