Monday, March 1, 2010

In This Belly...

Weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs, 15 ounces...Chase Michael (we think) Webb!

So today I had my routine growth and anatomy ultrasound. Apparently I'm pretty behind, because most people get this ultrasound at around 20 weeks. But with the confusion of the move and switching doctors, things just got a little screwed up. No big deal. Due to the size of my baby and belly, however, it was not my favorite ultrasound.

They are always adamant about remind you to drink 32 ounces of water before the appointment. So me, ever the rule follower, drank that and then some. Hey, this ultrasound is not getting screwed up on my account. Because I'm not drinking that much water in such a short amount of time again...cue nausea! So we get in the room, I lie down on the table to get started...and she decides that my bladder is way too full and it will distort the picture. Cue bathroom break...praise the Lord! She asks me to not completely empty, so I pee (a lot!) but don't finish. Back to the table...more yucky jelly on my stomach...and my bladder is still too full. Time to pee again. I can tell that the tech is getting frustrated. But hey, I was just following the rules! How could I not have a super-full bladder after drinking that much water in such a short period of time???

Anyhow, the ultrasound ended up taking about an hour total. That is a long time to have your belly poked, prodded and exposed to air conditioning. She wasn't able to get all the detail she wanted because a. he is too big, and b. he is stubborn and rolled himself up into a ball. She didn't tell me exactly how long he is, but she did ask if daddy was really tall. So obviously he's taller than average at this point. And according to this chart, he's a fatty. Which makes me nervous about the whole labor and delivery thing, but I'm also excited, because who doesn't love a baby with chubby cheeks?

Here is the latest picture. It isn't great and I'm only posting one. There's one of his nose, because the tech just thought he had the cutest nose...but to me it just looks like a goldfish so I'm not posting it. Okay, there's also one of his chubby cheek, which is a new development. But I simply cannot get a good enough quality photo to post. So here is the only picture. It's a repeat, but it's a special treat for mom #2:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the confirmations coming. After one misread ultrasound in the baby department by a qualified technician, I need all the evidence I can get. Can't wait to see our newest grandson! -Grammy