Wednesday, April 28, 2010

37 Weeks...It's On Like Donkey Kong!

Okay, today's the big day...I'm 37 weeks...and officially full term! Baby Chase, feel free to join us at any time!!! My official check-up is tomorrow, but I thought I'd share this week's developments. They're probably more interesting (or at least humorous) than hearing the same medical facts again anyhow.
I'm thinking about making a sandwich board to wear around town. Here's what it would say:

  • I'm 37 weeks.
  • It's a boy.
  • His name is Chase Michael.
  • Yes, I can't wait, I'm sleeping "while I can," and I realize I'm as big as a house.
If the sandwich board is a hit, I may start marketing it in business card format. Something you could keep in cute little cases, and just hand out whenever someone starts making eyes at your belly. Speaking of making eyes at my belly, I'm also considering a t-shirt that says "I'm up here!" because NO ONE notices my face anymore. People see my belly, and their eyes bulge out of their heads. Eye contact is a thing of the past. Speaking of people, my favorite question is "do you know what you're having yet?" Just think about it.

Some other things I'd like to share:
  • He has graciously shifted positions and no longer sits on the nerve in my back which was making it difficult to walk. Woo hoo!
  • Of course, that shifting also included dropping. So I am officially limited to maternity jeans from now on. I can't complain though...made it to 37 weeks in juniors jeans. (size 11, of course)
  • My feet are enormous. I've decided not to fight it. Although they're hideously ugly, at least they don't hurt.
  • I really miss my wedding bands. I tried to put them on the other day, and I couldn't do it if my life depended on it. Not even the band, which is a size bigger than my engagement ring.
  • I'd share more, but then I'd have to start getting graphic...so I'll spare you all.
One last thing I'd like to share...baby laundry detergent stinks. All of it. Any suggestions for baby laundry that doesn't smell like butt???

0 comments: