Thursday, April 8, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

Before you break out into song, I assume you already realize that I am blogging tonight about a few of my favorite things. I think I've whined enough recently, so it's time to talk about something positive. So here are a few things that I simply can't live without...

This is the best flat iron I have ever owned. While it is not the fancy expensive Chi that everyone swears by, I am definitely crazy about this one. It is the perfect temperature, it has automatic shutoff, I can straighten all of my hair in 10 minutes flat, and most important, it's really cute. I went through 4 different flat irons this winter before I settled on this one, and now we just have to see if it can stand up to the abuse I put flat irons through (I can usually only keep one for 1 - 2 years before it commits suicide).

Schick Intuition razors. Razors with the shaving cream already built in? Yes, please. I am by no means a quick showerer (that is definitely not a word). So anything I can do to save some time and hot water gets a thumbs up in my book. These are my absolute favorite, and worth the expense. Although at Christmas time they usually have "gift" versions at WalMart for cheaper, and I buy out their stock which lasts me for months. Worth every penny.

Here's a new favorite. Cover Girl Lash Blast Length Mascara. I'm a big fan of never leaving the house without make-up. If I'm forced to do so, I at least have on a good coat of mascara. When it comes to mascara, I'm a big fan of length, not volume. I do my best to avoid tarantula lashes. This product boasts an "elasta-nylon" formula that doesn't flake off. And it doesn't! Combine that with a perfect little brush that I don't think would make tarantula eyes if you tried, and you have a great product on your hands. PS - Speaking of eyes, I can't live without my NYC Pearlized Black liquid eyeliner. At $1.72 a tube, I am smitten!

Last but not least, we have Herbal Essences Bleach Blonde. I have been doing my own color for several years now. This started for two reasons: A. I couldn't stomach paying $100+ to get my hair colored anymore, and B. The $100+ hurts even more when no one does your color exactly the way you want it. So I figured it was worth a try. And after a few product changes, and one night of leopard spots (thanks Ashley. lol.), I really like the outcome. I realize that it's a little bold, and definitely not everyone's style. But I like it. And for $5.97 a box, even my husband likes it ;)

So here's my question...what are some things YOU can't live without???

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi, Brittany,

I found your husband's blog by accident about a year ago, while my husband was deployed. From his blog, I came here. :-)

Anyway - I'll have to try the Herbal Essences; I've saved money by going to the local cosmetology school. However, the girl who always lightened my hair just graduated, and no one else seems to know what they're doing.

All the best to you and your husband!

Cassie