Monday, April 12, 2010

It's The Little Things

My back hurts. Bad. Most of the time I can cope with it, but today it was the worst it has been yet. I went to Babies R Us, and then ran over to Wal-Mart for a quick trip. By the time I reached Wal-Mart I was needing a cart just to lean on. By the end of the short trip, I was literally limping. I'm sure I looked completely pathetic. But every time I stepped with my left foot, awful pain would just shoot up my back. So I was moving terribly slow.

Walking back to my car, I realized that I was still pushing the blasted cart, which meant an extra sixty or so painful steps to drop it off and get back to my car. I had tears in my eyes. Thankfully, someone saw how pathetic I looked, and stopped me halfway to the cart return and took the cart off my hands. To that sweet boy, whoever you are, you have no idea how much your simple act of kindness blessed me today. Thank you!

2 comments:

Rory said...

Sounds like sciatic nerve pain. It is pretty common during pregnancy...you might want to bring it up with your OB.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT story brought tears to my eyes... So sorry for your pain. Kelly experienced something similar, and you should bring it up with your OB. I think there's some kind of stretching or something that you can do to try and alleviate the pain. ~Mom2