Tuesday, April 6, 2010

When Good Dreams Go Bad

It's no surprise that pregnancy comes with all kinds of crazy dreams. But last night's was such a doozy that I couldn't resist sharing. Are you ready for this?

I dreamed that one of Dakota's back legs just fell off. There was no accident, no trauma, no blood. In fact, I would not have even noticed had I not seen the missing limb standing (yes, standing up straight...by itself) across the room from me. Of course that freaked me out. So I went to find Dakota and she has a gaping black hole where the leg used to be. And another leg has apparently sprouted to take its place, because she is just going about business as usual.

So of course, being the good "mommy" that I am, I called the vet...who was in no hurry to see her. Apparently limbs that fall off like baby teeth aren't top priority to the vets in this area. But this is the most disturbing part. I placed the leg in a to go box (yes, from a restaurant), and while I was on the phone with the vet, Dakota ate through the box and I found her gnawing on her own leg! Gross!

Thank God I woke up at that point, or who knows what would have happened next. So, Psychology majors...analyze that if you dare.

Boy, was I relieved when she got home from daycare with all limbs intact. P.S. - Kevin check out her back legs in the top picture...no more dew claws :)

0 comments: