Sunday, April 18, 2010

Epic Fail

After my post on Friday, I was so energized! My dad actually spent his Friday evening helping me tear through all of those giant boxes, and we put together the changing table, glider and the travel system. They all look great, and I was thrilled with all three purchases (pictures to come soon).

Saturday I was so excited with the progress that I decided to postpone my previous plans...a HSM movie marathon in my new glider (don't worry, that will happen soon...no I am not ashamed). Instead, I decided to continue on my journey of preparing for Baby Chase.

Failure #1:
Yesterday I called in a refill of Nexium to my local Publix Pharmacy. If you've been following my pregnancy, you know that Nexium is not something I go a day without...it has been a Godsend! So when I arrived at the Pharmacy and they told me they were out of the pills until Monday, I was unhappy to say the least. I asked the girl behind the counter why they did not call me to inform me of this. No response. So I then asked what was I supposed to do...because I was not going one day without my lifesaver! She went and spoke to the Pharmacist and he emerged a few minutes later with the last 6 Nexium caplets they had in stock. There now, was that so hard? But at this point I'm aggravated.

Failure #2:
In anticipation of finally installing the car seat, went and had my car washed and then vacuumed it out thoroughly. Then went home only to discover that, once installed, it becomes nearly impossible to fit a passenger in the car! Talk about a disappointment. So I've since taken two trips to Babies R Us, and spent hours online researching new travel systems. I'm thinking I may have to do some experimenting with installation with/without base, etc. But tomorrow we are hitting all the local stores to pick out a new system. Grrr! All this stress has got me so aggravated that my feet swelled up to the size of watermelons!

Currently it is 5:15am Sunday morning. I have hardly slept all night, and now I've been up for at least an hour, and had the pleasure of introducing last night's dinner to the toilet :( I'm supposed to teach Sunday School in four hours, so I'm going to try and go back to sleep now. Thanks for letting me vent...even if nobody reads this far :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read all your comments, no matter how long you might thing they are. Thank the Lord for the internet, which happens to be the way I stay connected to my family. Your perseverance over the past few months has been very impressive! You continue to accomplish hard things, and you should be very proud of yourself! I know I am!