Friday, April 16, 2010

Time Keeps Tickin'

Tick, tick, tickin'...time keeps tickin' away! Woo hoo! Can I tell you how amazing it feels every time I open up my blog, look at the ticker, and see "about 33 days to go"??? I LOVE it!

I am definitely ready for this little booger bear to make his appearance. So today I began anxiously nesting to prepare for his arrival (hopefully sooner rather than later). I began by doing an inventory of everything we already have, then listing the things we still need. I've got a legal pad FILLED with lists of this nature. I know it's a little anal retentive, but I'm doing my best to stay organized working with what little space I currently have.

This afternoon was FUN. We picked up all of Chase's nursery furniture! And thanks to everyone's generous gifts, I was able to use gift cards to pay for everything except the glider (because it was at WalMart and my gift cards are to Target)! But what an amazing blessing! I'm not setting up the crib yet, but I went ahead and got it because I had a one time opportunity to get 10% off things on my registry (and baby furniture never goes on sale!). So off to storage it goes. Now to put everything together...definitely wish Kevin were here for that ;)

I not only inventoried "stuff," but tonight I did a clothing inventory. We held off on buying clothing for awhile (good advice from my wonderful husband), and now that the shower is over we know what is okay to buy, and what we have plenty of. Now to wash it and find a place for it all...

Here's a glimpse into the madness that is my world right now. That's the glider, changer, and note the corner piled high with all kinds of goodies. There's still TONS of stuff in the playroom that I haven't gotten to yet. I'd be overwhelmed if I wasn't so darn excited!

0 comments: